Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 6823
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
The UNC Health Care Management-Physician Advisor department supports care management and physician advisors across the health care system. Led by an executive dyad(administrator and physician) the department aims to enhance the health care system’s care and utilization management programs through collaboration with leaders in care management and physician advisors. Key initiatives focus on optimizing capacity management, improving utilization management (authorizations, reviews, payer relations, etc.) and assuring compliance with regulatory and legal agencies. The program manager would support the executive dyad in ensuring that work is ongoing and operationalized. This would be accomplished through ongoing program development, evaluation and improvement.
The program manager would participate in evaluation of program performance, facilitation of patient centric care and shared learning across the system; and leading process redesign to improve workflow and results.
The ideal candidate would be a high energy influencer, facilitator and relationship builder. Experience with project management, process improvement and health care analytics are a must.
Oversees day-to-day activities of the assigned program for the UNC Health Care System. Responsibilities include planning and administration, managing financial development, monitoring and reporting program progress to ensure fulfillment of the program objectives.
1. Analysis Analyzes and resolves complex issues to maximize efficiency. Ensures all proper internal controls are in place to safeguard assets of the system and satisfies internal and external regulatory requirements. Develops and monitors operating and capital budget.
2. Communication and Relationships Works with peers to identify and analyze opportunities for improvement. Implements processes to identify, implement and ensure standardization decisions occur with minimal disruption to patient care or administrative activities and creating solutions.
3. Financial and Business Planning Provides analytical and strategy support for the assigned program. Performs analytics, provides business insight into implications of findings, develops business plans, and recommends opportunities for improvement.
4. Program Administration Plan, coordinate and administer activities of assigned program to include developing, implementing, and administering related procedures, processes, services and systems.
5. Strategic Planning Interface with all UNC Health Care entities and effectively communicate strategies, successfully elicit support and provide assistance implementing those strategies.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Health Administration or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of program/project management experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: System Care Management
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.