Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 6732
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is hosted within a specialty clinic that focuses on spinal and extremity musculoskeletal disorders. Applicants should be well versed in rehab for patients with acute and chronic back and neck pain, disc herniation, radiculopathy, spondylosis and stenosis, and post-surgical spinal conditions. Ideal applicants will possess advanced certifications associated with spine care including but not limited to MDT, COMT, FAAOMPT, OCS or Schroth Certification.
This is complex professional level work involving the evaluation of patient disabilities, planning, and administration of physical therapy treatments. Incumbents are responsible for a specialty area and may supervise support staff. Incumbents complete documentation instruct patients, families, and students and participate in clinical program development and management. Work is performed under general supervision with all treatments being prescribed by a physician. Employees are expected to exercise initiative and discretion in formulating a program of treatments to meet the needs of individual patients. Work is reviewed and evaluated by physicians or therapist supervisors.
1. Completes PT documentation in the medical record per department guidelines and completes department records for billing and statistics
2. Evaluates Patient, sets Physical Therapy (PT) treatment goals, devises a PT treatment plan and manages resources needed to perform treatment plan to accomplish the goals set for the patient.
3. Manages PT caseload with efficiency and efficacy
4. Plans and coordinates clinical programs
5. Provides clinical supervision and teaching for multiple students and/or staff. Plans orientation, caseload, and other learning activities. Provides regular feedback and coaching. Evaluates the learner's performance.
● Graduation from an accredited Physical Therapy program.
● Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of experience as a licensed Physical Therapist, including one (1) year in the specialty field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNC Therapy Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.