Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 6675
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Pharmacy Auditor will work closely with the Pharmacy leadership team and multidisciplinary leadership team involved in the prevention and reaction to drug diversion. The Pharmacy Auditor is responsible for gathering, interpreting, sharing, and broadly influencing clinical and operational data important to compliance and surveillance of controlled substances across UNC Health. This position will also interface with Pharmacy Analytics and Information Services Division (ISD) team for data warehousing needs related to controlled substances reports.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work independently in Microsoft Excel to accurately review, merge and interpret data from multiple data sources (EPIC, SAP Business Objects, Knowledge Portal, WorkForce Management).
2. Monitor and assist in resolution of controlled substances discrepancies working with Pharmacy, Nursing and Anesthesia leadership and staff for timely reconciliation.
3. Review and investigate medication removal, administration and safety reports, and Hospital Police reports, etc. analyzing data findings for patterns indicative of drug diversion or identification of gaps in workflow that can lead to drug diversion.
4. Recognize and communicate areas of concern to supervisor regarding controlled substances management discovered during routine report review or surveillance. 5. Build an accurate, objective and comprehensive audit by reviewing, tracking and trending data from multiple information sources.
6. Build data visuals to accurately depict findings from audits and share with Departmental leadership.
7. Manage multiple audits and accurately and consistently track outcomes in multiple records.
8. Accurately articulate case findings to Departmental leadership and multi-disciplinary leadership, providing follow-up data in a timely manner when requested.
9. Lead surveillance investigations.
10. Work with Pharmacy Auditor team member to develop recurring controlled substances reports, dashboards, key performance indicators and metrics used for drug diversion surveillance.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Strong knowledge of Excel
• Strong desire to proactively learn how to use new, potentially complex, software to support the team
• Strong, detail-oriented, and consistent communication (written and verbal), organizational, prioritization, and project management skills
• Provide high level of accuracy consistently
• Ability to demonstrate independent proficiency in auditing, data analysis and reporting, and data warehousing
● Bachelor's degree in Health Care Administration or other related field
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires one (1) year of experience in health care compliance/auditing, or related duties involved in medication discrepancy monitoring, surveillance and investigation.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to work in a team environment
•Strong knowledge of Excel
•Strong desire to proactively learn how to use new, potentially complex, software to support the team
•Strong, detail-oriented, and consistent communication (written and verbal), organizational, prioritization, and project management skills
•Provide high level of accuracy consistently
•Ability to demonstrate independent proficiency in auditing, data analysis and reporting, and data warehousing
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HCS Pharmacy Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.