Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 6605
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Through in-depth system and operational reporting and analyses, the Revenue Operations Analyst (ROA) will support the operational decision-making of the Professional Revenue Cycle Billing Team. The primary purpose of the ROA will be to provide data driven insight and actionable feedback to drive improvement and efficiency not just within the Billing Team, but also enhance it’s collaborative partnerships with the other UNCP teams and business partners
Communication & Relationship Development: ROA will develop positive and productive relationships with primarily internal but also with certain peer PB-focused operational departments to ensure that the Billing Team’s programming, projects and processes are performing as intended.
Reporting: Through adhoc/prompted reports, advanced system troubleshooting, and manual tracking the ROA will help the Billing Team monitor the health of daily operations. The ROA will also be actively involved in all proposed operational changes whether it is with staff workflows or system programming so that they can work the relevant departments to ensure all proposed changes are tied to reportable data points.
Knowledge Sharing:The ROA will be assisting in the development and maintenance of a knowledge sharing portal which will provide resources that will provide guidance on resolving programming issues. This role will be heavily project based but will also be responsible for regularly doing the following:
• Tracking and reporting out on the "health" of the Billing Team's production WQ's, task lists and other volumes.
• Validating programming for accuracy in build and in performance
• Cataloging of AR Projects and ensuring that projects are being completed as indicated
• Cataloging of AR Processes.
• In-depth reviews of payor rejections and troubleshooting pre-claim fixes
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• If a Bachelors Degree: 2 years of experience in professional accounting, management of an operational unit, business analysis or financial analysis
• If an Associates Degree: 6 years of experience in professional accounting, management of an operational unit, business analysis or financial analysis
• If a High School diploma or GED: 10 years of experience in professional accounting, management of an operational unit, business analysis or financial analysis
• Ideal candidates will have advance knowledge of Epic's PB Resolute Billing Module, historical knowledge of operational decision making driving programming enhancements and experience developing communication strategies.
• A Positive attitude is a must
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Physician Ins Billing and Foll
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.