Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 7319
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position develops content for use on a wide variety of platforms and settings such as UNC Health’s HealthTalk blog and others. This position will also develop / implement broader communication plans as required. Reports to Director of Content & Patient Communications.
1. Develops communications as needed to inform / educate a variety of external audiences (and occasionally internal audiences) of UNC Health and its entities on a wide variety of healthcare topics. Primary role is development of content for consumer-facing blog HealthTalk, a health and wellness blog that features UNC Health clinical experts.
2. Some projects will be long term and planned, while others will require rapid responses due to circumstances. Requests for patient communications support will originate from a variety of groups within UNC Health and its entities.
3. Much of the content that will be produced is aimed at parents seeking expertise about their children’s health and adults seeking health and wellness information from trusted healthcare sources. Some of this content will showcase unique services, treatments and procedures offered by UNC Health.
● Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Public Relations, Marketing or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) year of experience in communications, public relations, marketing or related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong customer service skills.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Integrated Communications
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.