Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 7321
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position develops communications targeted to patients for use in a wide variety of platforms and settings as directed. While patient communications are the primary deliverables for this position, up to 50 percent of this position’s time will be utilized in the development (writing & editing) of consumer-facing content for platforms such as UNC HealthTalk, a health and wellness blog that features UNC Health clinical experts. This position will also develop communication plans as required. Will report to Director of Content & Patient Communications.
1. Develops communications as needed to inform / educate current and prospective patients of UNC Health and its entities on a wide variety of healthcare topics. Some projects will be long term and planned, while others will require rapid responses due to circumstances. Requests for patient communications support will originate from a variety of groups within UNC Health and its entities.
2. Eventually, this position may manage one or more patient communication specialists, leading a small team while simultaneously producing patient communications and consumer health content.
3. Approximately 50% of this position’s time will be employed in the development of content for UNC Health’s consumer-facing website, HealthTalk and other content platforms within UNC Health.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of experience in communications, public relations, marketing or related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent oral and written communication skills, knowledge of medical research concepts sufficient to enable communication with clinical and basic science faculty.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Integrated Communications
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.