Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 7376
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs multiple modality procedures including but not limited to Radiology, CT, MRI, Mammography at a technical level that will require independent judgment.
1. Prepares patient for Modality procedure.
2. Identifies patient using two identifiers and two sources.
3. Correctly documents and maintains patient care record--ensures order is correct.
4. Maintains safe environment for the patient documents pregnancy, properly shields patient for exam.
5. Identifies common clinical indications for such studies and notes discrepancies.
6. Prepares MRI patient for scanning.
7. Understands and can describe the physical preparation of patients prior to MRI scanning.
8. Describes the goals of patient education and screening? identifies common clinical indications for studies.
9. Is able to prepare the """"""""difficult to scan"""""""" patient and can improvise to manage such patients.
10. Describes safety precautions associated with surface coils.Is able to accurately select scan parameters prior to MRI scanning.Describes the overall design and functions of an MRI imaging system? image acquisition and reconstruction techniques to achieve proper images.Explains how image quality is influenced by the MR imaging process? fast scanning techniques, MRI enhancement agents, and MRI angiography.Identifies image artifacts arising from motion, chemical shift, ferromagnetic objects, and magnetic suseptability effects on MRI images? identifies methods to minimize or prevent artifacts.Describes parameters that characterize MRI image quality? describes image quality trade offs in MRI? identifies the significance of MRI scan time? demonstrates the effects of flow on MR images.Identifies imaging planes.Describes procedures used to ensure patient comfort and safety including staff safety during an MRI scan.
11. Demonstrates compliance and understanding with NPSG’s.Produces diagnostic quality CT exams.Sets equipment factors that will produce best diagnostic exam.Describes equipment factors and imaging methods, ie contrast IV versus oral, that will improve exam quality including window and leveling of image.Coincides injection rate to appropriate CT protocol.Stores images via data tape.Sets computer to appropriate protocol in database.Maintains safety including radiation safety of the patient and the Technologist.Properly shields patient according to departmental policy.Describes principles and practices of radiation exposure to patient and follows departmental policies as outlined regarding such principles (ALARA).
12. Demonstrates understanding and compliance with NPSG’s? maintains safety integrity.Prepared for emergencies and uses the correct procedures to maximize safety and minimize risks? detects hazardous situations and takes action to correct it or report it? reports incidents or accidents promptly.Assists Radiologists in performing special exams under CT guidance.Sets room up properly for each exam including proper supplies for CT study.Describes methods to visualize needle or catheter during biopsy.Demonstrates understanding and compliance with universal protocol, time out procedure.Demonstrates ability to assess patient.Performs quality control tests as outlined by FDA/ACR standards.Performs and can explain the rationale for performing all quality control tests including but not limited to: darkroom cleanliness, processor quality control, screen cleanliness, view boxes and viewing conditions, phantom images, visual checklist, repeat analysis, fixer retention, darkroom, fog, screen-film contact, compression test.Evaluates mammography program and offers suggestions for performance improvement.Participates in the quality assurance committee meeting for mammography.Evaluates film quality and offers suggestions for improvement.Performs mammography exams meeting all ACR and FDA standards.Assists in the performance of biopsy or needle localization procedures.Troubleshoots quality control problems to provide solutions.Demonstrates ability to analyze quality control testing parameters to remedy solutions meeting ACR and FDA guidelines.Conducts patient education.Obtains patient history prior to mammography.Explains the importance of follow up with physician for reporting and physical exam.
13. Communicates effectively with patient to clarify reporting parameters and follow-up mechanisms for abnormal reports.Sets technical factors, positions patient to achieve optimal images.Completes quality exams with efficiency and accuracy.Maintains competency when performing surgical Imaging exams under strict sterile procedure.Performs quality diagnostic exams with portable machine in OR, ER, and floor units.Properly shields patient.Minimizes repeats.Demonstrates compliance with ALARA principles.Demonstrates understanding and compliance with NPSG’s? maintains the safety integrity per room assignment.Prepared for emergencies and uses the correct procedures to maximize safety and minimize risks? detects hazardous situations and takes action to correct it or report it? reports incidents or accidents promptly.Demonstrates good infection control practices.Assist Radiologist in performing Fluoro procedures and biopsy procedures.Sets up room properly for each exam including proper supplies for radiological study.Demonstrates understanding and compliance with universal protocol, time out procedure.Volunteers routinely during crisis staffing situations.Makes valid effort to report to work during inclement weather situations.Participates in in-service education classes including departmental.Stays informed of departmental policy changes and how to access those policies? maintains a state of readiness for JC and other inspections.
● High School diploma or GED.
● Graduate from an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology.
● American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No formal training or experience required if the person has the educational requirements.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: Radiology
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 32.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.