Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 7212
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
This position is responsible for management interdisciplinary projects and programs and by leading complex initiatives across UNC Health. Key initiatives include ensuring compliance with CMS’ Promoting Interoperability program, managing CMS regulatory reporting programs and driving improvements in public reporting programs. Example initiatives could include improvements in continuity of care, transitions and readmission reductions; improving patient safety and reducing patient harms and coordination of the annual Leapfrog hospital survey. The position will regularly collaborate with system and entity leadership and staff as well as key business partners from Information Services, Enterprise Analytics and Data Sciences, and other improvement-focused and operations departments.
Provides quality and organizational excellence by leading cross-functional quality and process improvement initiatives. Serves as mentor to specialists and analysts. Influences leaders and leads complex improvement projects. May supervise specialists, analysts or administrative support staff.
1. Provides quality and organizational excellence by leading cross-functional quality and process improvement initiatives. Serves as mentor to specialists and analysts. Influences leaders and leads complex improvement projects. May supervise specialists, analysts or administrative support staff.
2. Customer Service-Facilitator or negotiator that can assist in areas of disagreement. Ability to step into a bad situation and change the direction by emphasizing empathy and willingness to do the right thing. Able to get people to look at things objectively and pick the best solution for the system.
3. Measurement & Analysis-Identifies and drives analytic needs for improvement projects/initiatives. Supports leaders in development of problem charter and selection of best approach to solve a particular problem. Mastery of basic statistical concepts, tools and techniques and working knowledge of advanced topics (e.g., linear regression, logistic regression, DOE, etc.). Teaches/mentors others on basic topics and able to assist others with advanced topics.
4. Problem Solving & Implementation-Makes decisions based on analyses and data. Challenges leaders and their current processes when improvement is needed. Develops interventions and initiatives based on data. Able to resolve conflicts across multiple depts. Able to sell concepts to other depts/divisions. Strives to implement solutions that span multiple depts/divisions. Identifies methods for solving problems which eliminate steps, speeds processes, and reduces complexity.
5. Project Management-Influences and gains commitment from all members of project team. Able to identify resources necessary to meet project needs (budget, personnel, and leadership). Able to obtain and maintain executive support for project through communication and leadership. Acts as a consultant or mentor to other groups interested in implementing similar solutions. Key participant in executive committees. Leads complex improvement projects.
6. Tools, Methodologies & Technologies-Leads/manages/Mentors specialist and analyst regarding tools, methodologies and technologies. Provides cross-functional, cross-business, cross area work.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Three (3) years of experience in quality team facilitation, project management, process improvement or quality data analysis role. Clinical Experience associated with leading quality improvement efforts may be assessed as equivalent to direct quality improvement experience both in determining minimum requirements, as well as level of experience.
● If a Master's degree: One (1) year of experience in quality team facilitation, project management, process improvement or quality data analysis role. Clinical Experience associated with leading quality improvement efforts may be assessed as equivalent to direct quality improvement experience both in determining minimum requirements, as well as level of experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Hospital Quality & Innovation
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.