Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 7481
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This is an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse charged with of acts of prevention, diagnosis and health management . The Clinical Nurse Specialist has advanced formal education or graduate degree in a clinical nursing specialty and certification from a national credentialing body to practice in categories including, but not limited to clinical nurse specialist.
1. Adhere to the standards, policies, procedures and goals of the health care system
2. Demonstrate cost effectiveness by using supplies judiciously, anticipating needs for special supplies and equipment, and making recommendations for change.
3. Demonstrate responsibility for own professional growth and development.
4. Design, conduct and publish clinical nursing research.
5. Independently plan and deliver an array of patient care services in a distinct clinical nursing specialty with a collaborative practice with the physician. This practice can be an inpatient or outpatient service.
6. Provide education as indicated after assessing the learning needs of the patient, family, staff members and students. Develop and present clinical education programs on a state and nation-wide basis.
● Master's degree in Nursing (MSN) from a school of professional nursing.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
● Certification in the advanced practice area of specialization.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience in the specialty.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Emergency Department
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.