Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 4845
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides technical expertise in specific laboratory discipline or program specialty, monitor and direct the workload and provides consultative and diagnostic results to clinicians.
Hours are Monday – Friday from 8am to 5pm plus rotating weekends. Responsibilities includes some support for other ambulatory labs.
1. Collects and analyzes data to evaluate products, procedures, processes and laboratory or program needs.
2. Consults with healthcare providers and professionals regarding patient care and program issues.
3. Ensures compliance with regulatory guidelines. Establishes and reviews procedures and policies.
4. May monitor personnel performance, counsel employees and provide input into performance evaluations.
5. May provide input into budgetary process by identifying capital equipment needs and anticipating laboratory or program needs.
6. May teach Clinical Laboratory Science students, Pathology residents and fellows and new employees
7. Monitors daily operation of laboratory or program
8. Reviews patient testing results, quality control, maintenance, troubleshooting and management reports.
● Requires Bachelor's of Science degree.
● Requires MLS/MT (ASCP), MT (NCA) or MT (AMT) certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires three years of experience at the medical laboratory technologist, cytotechnologist, or histotechnologist level.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Childrens Svs Raleigh Lab
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.