Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 7491
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Business Intelligence Analyst (BIA) provides insight-driven clinical, operational and financial analyses to enhance organizational decision-making. The primary responsibilities for the Business Intelligence Analyst include healthcare analytics, scorecard & dashboard development, project management for key initiatives and communications.
1. Communication and relationships The BIA acts a key Business Intelligence & Analytics liaison between hospital leadership, physician leadership, other clinical leaders, ISD and other stakeholders. He or she ensures a tight linkage between the department's efforts and the organizational goals. He or she serves as a guide of the organization's business intelligence priorities to internal constituents through formal and informal communications. The BIA develops concise, insightful, and politically savvy communications. These are often in PowerPoint, but also in email and verbally via committee meetings, staff meetings, and working sessions.
2. Dashboard and scorecard development The BIA develops effective key performance indicators, management dashboards and balanced scorecards that provide enhanced insight and improve organizational decision-making.
3. Healthcare analytics The BIA provides healthcare analytics support (e.g., predictive analytics, statistical analysis, data and text mining, data validation, prescriptive analysis) to generate insights that can be transformed into action and include a broad set of tools, processes, technologies, and stakeholders for collecting, integrating, accessing, and analyzing information.
4. Project management The BIA provides effective project management to clearly defines projects, develop project plans, and set priorities for working teams.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of experience in healthcare business intelligence and analytics.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● BI Technical: Proficiency of BI data and query tools. Self-directed insightful analytics and synthesis. Proficient use of financial, market, clinical, operational datasets. Understand clinical coding & grouper methodologies. Proficiency in clinical cohort analysis. Advanced Excel Pivot table skills. Broad knowledge of data warehouses, data marts and business intelligence solutions (prev experience with SQL, Business Objects, decision support systems, Epic or Clarity Report development a plus). Ideas and Impact: Distill insight from analysis. Go beyond obvious. Prioritize analyses. Use clear logic to design and sanity check analysis. Conduct complex modeling. Demonstrate understanding of client problem and need analysis. Perform accurate analysis. Project Management: Majority of projects can act with independence and self-direction. Manage project and team expectations. Ask for help when needed. Understand project management framework and work planning. Organizational Influence: Project self-assurance and establish credibility. Use concise and effective written communication. Write effective slides. Contribute valuable well-timed comments in team meetings. Actively listen to others. Customer Service: Show business sense in approach to customers. Show sensitivity and commitment to customers. Be highly responsive. Maintain confidentiality. Build strong relationships with internal groups.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Performance Improvement
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.