Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 6602
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Full time 11a-7p after orientation
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Will triage patients to the appropriate post acute services provider. Will be knowledgeable of regulatory requirements which will impact eligibility for Post Acute Services. Under the guidance of an RN, coordinates and communicates clinical services ordered by the physician. Communicates changes in discharge planning to the appropriate agency.
1. Will triage patients to the appropriate post acute services provider. Will be knowledgeable of regulatory requirements which will impact eligibility for Post Acute Services. Under the guidance of an RN, coordinates and communicates clinical services ordered by the physician. Communicates changes in discharge planning to the appropriate agency.
2. Enters accurate and complete referral information into the EMR to expedite referral process.
3. Under the guidance of an RN, processes supplemental orders and patient reports for existing clients.
4. Uses effective communication skills to facilitate effective team operations including taking phone messages and triaging and relaying verbal and written information.
5. Refers patient concerns to appropriate discipline or to community liaison coordinator
6. Under the direction of the RN Senior Patient Planning Specialist or Team Leader assists with coordination of home visit schedules and assignment of admissions for team members.
7. Verifies, secures, and monitors authorization for payment information regarding patients who have been referred for services.
● Graduate of a licensed school of practical nursing.
● BCLS , LPN NC LIC , NCDL
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience accepted. Working understanding of managed care and prospective payment systems and their impact on the delivery of home health is required. Excellent Customer Service skills is also a requirement.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, physicians, and the general public. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs. REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. COMPUTER SKILLS- Microsoft WORD and EXCEL
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: UNCHCS HomeCare Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.