Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 6378
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is responsible for monitoring a network of radios, telephones, scanners and weather radar to facilitate activation of the Carolina Air Care, a transport system for the critically ill and injured. The communications center receives requests for transportation, dispatches the appropriate service, and monitors all transports from beginning to completion. Work is performed in accordance with FCC regulations, and UNCHCS and other related policies and procedures
1. Coordinates all transport activity by notifying transport team, checking weather verifying locations, security, patient information and facilitating communication between hospital and flight crew. Maintains position reports of the aircrafts/vehicles. Monitors helicopters during take off and landing documents the position report of the aircraft throughout the flight
2. Ensures that all communication center equipment is in working order
3. Facilitates communication between the transport team, medical control officer, referring and receiving physician
4. Maintains all records for missions, data entry and billing. Completes data entry for transports and patients to ensure proper billing. Maintains flight log data. Completes transport request forms and billing invoices for each transport.
5. Monitors a network of radios, telephones, and weather radios. Receives requests for air/ground transport for critically ill or injured patients. Communicates request to appropriate medical, flight, ground, or other teams
6. Serves as resource person concerning availability of aircraft and other affiliation aircraft
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience in radio communications or dispatch.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Critical Care Transport
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.