Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 7542
Location: Garner, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physician Group Practices
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for supervising clinical staff, maintaining appropriate patient flow, and ensuring compliance with established nursing practices.
1. Supervises clinical staff, directs patient flow and care. Serves as a resource for clinical decision making and problem solving.
2. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and developing clinical staff. Coordinates orientation, training, and continuing education. Responsible for completing performance evaluations.
3. Coordinates staff schedules, ensures adequate staffing, and provides relief staffing as needed. Coordinates timekeeper responsibilities.
4. Serves as a liaison between staff, providers, and other departments. Resolves complaints related to patient care and/or elevates appropriately.
5. Provides and documents direct patient care maintaining current skills and competencies required of other Registered Nurses in the practice.
6. Ensures compliance with organizational policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with established safety and regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention policies and procedures. Identifies and participates in unit based performance improvement activities.
7. Maintains adequate inventory of supplies and equipment. Coordinates resolution of equipment repair, facility management, and safety issues. Supports cost containment and budgetary initiatives.
8. Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics. Recognizes, supports, and utilizes evidence based nursing practices.
9. Demonstrates good customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, and visitors. Demonstrates leadership in communication and team work.
● Bachelor's degree (BSN) preferred.
● RN NC LIC;BCLS
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three years nursing experience with at least one year in a medical office or outpatient setting. Previous supervisory experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members and staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Legal Employer: UNCGP
Entity: UNC Physician Group Practices
Organization Unit: GP Garner Family Practice
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Garner
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.