Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 6723
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The certified technician specialist demonstrates a high level of expertise and skill in a specific aspect of pharmacy practice. These roles may include Inventory Management, Controlled Substance Utilization, Quality Assurance, Automation/Technology database management, clinical operations, managing patient medical benefits and formularies, and other similar roles. The Technician Specialist has a high level of autonomy in the role, but consults with the pharmacist when required. The Specialist is the primary trainer of other technicians utilizing the specialty area or technology if required as part of their role in pharmacy operations. The Specialist identifies and initiates process improvement activities. The position may be called upon to provide general technician support to the pharmacist. All work is carried out under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
1. Provides content expertise of a specialty area. Maintains databases, quality control efforts, and/or manages/audits databases in support of pharmacy patient care services.
2. May be required to communicate with vendors to trouble-shoot technology, create and interpret data sets, participate in audits, etc. May communicate directly with patients and providers for care coordination.
3. Documents system maintenance changes, audit findings, and/or quality control results to meet compliance and pharmacy requirements.
4. Trains other pharmacy technician in specialty areas as required for their roles.
5. Initiates inquiries and projects for continuous improvement of pharmacy services. Independently implements identified solutions and project plans.
6. Performs regular pharmacy technician operations responsibilities as needed.
● High school diploma or GED. Completion of an academic pharmacy technician training program preferred.
● Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a PharmD program.·CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One year of pharmacy technician experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: UNC HCS SSC Pharmacy Retail
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.