Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 7141
Location: Knightdale, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Part Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides body work therapy to clients within the scope of individual training and certification. Directly reports to the Massage Program Coordinator.
1. Ensures cleanliness of work areas before and after use. Sets up and breaks down work areas and maintains supplies as needed. Immediately cleans up spills. Exercises dependability and willingness to work with schedule flexibility. Maintains schedule as assigned. Practices universal health care protocol while dealing with clients and coworkers.
2. Explains all procedures to clients in a manner that respects their individual needs and preferences. Maintains client confidentiality at all times--on and off-site. Reports any unusual client interactions to the appropriate manager immediately.
3. Performs health history on new and returning clients prior to each session. Ascertains precautions and contraindications for massage prior to each session. Documents above information on standardized health history forms. Consults with other staff when appropriate to provide continuity of care.
4. Performs other job-related duties as assigned to ensure that the overall development and functioning of the Wellness Center is maximized. Helps to market massage therapy program through chair massage, leading or participating in massage workshops and helping with promotional ideas and events.
5. Provides safe, appropriate and effective body work therapy to clients of the Wellness Center. Develops individualized body work sessions based on client health history and input. Asks for feedback during session as to depth of work.
● Graduation from an accredited Massage program.
● Licensed by the North Carolina Board of Massage and Body Work Therapy.
● Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification within two (2) months from date of hire.
● Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification within two (2) months from date of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires one (1) year massage therapy experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Wellness Center Knightdale
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Knightdale
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.