Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 7285
Location: Clayton, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
* This position qualifies for a $15,000 commitment incentive with a three (3) year commitment and relocation assistance (relocation amounts based on location distance).
Provides a variety of diagnostic duplex ultrasound studies (see below) with full knowledge of pulsed wave and color Doppler techniques and manipulation of ultrasound machine controls to ensure accurate and highly diagnostic images in most patients.
A Registered Vascular Sonographer/Technologist is responsible for performing non-invasive vascular procedures including but not limited to: Extracranial Cerebrovascular Duplex, Upper and Lower Extremity Venous Duplex and Lower Extremity Venous Insufficiency Duplex, Upper and Lower Extremity Arterial Duplex, Lower Extremity Physiologic Arterial Studies, Upper Extremity Physiologic Arterial Study (TOS, Raynauds), Bypass Graft Surveillance, Dialysis Access Duplex Evaluation and pre-operative Vessel Mapping Duplex, Lower Extremity Vein Mapping for CABG, Abdominal Aorto-iliac Duplex (AAA, Stenosis, EVAR, etc.), Mesenteric Duplex, Renal Duplex. Good communication skills. Knowledge of computers and ability to type proficiently. Follow established lab protocols and participate in on going Quality Assurance as well as on going research projects.
The ideal candidate will be a Registered Vascular Technologist or Register Vascular Sonographer with 3-5 years previous experience with a range of Duplex Ultrasound Vascular studies in a private practice, healthcare clinic and/or hospital clinical setting, computer experience demonstrated by either one to two years work experience or college level courses, and a capable typist to create reports in a timely manner.
1. Completes a preliminary report in PACs after each study. Able to communicate directly with providers to give an accurate impression of exams performed. Deletes all unnecessary image data. Maintains image management equipment. Utilizes PACS system for obtaining additional study data. Enters a brief preliminary finding for studies performed in EMR system in the comments section when ending exams. Performs coherent, accurate and complete ultrasound exams following established protocols and assures that data transfer is complete and accurate. Evaluates previous ultrasounds for comparison prior to performing ultrasound examination.
2. Ensures safe and appropriate procedure environment (Includes ultrasound equipment checks, transducer check, QA of equipment, cleanliness). Be observant of inventory supply for department needs and reports needed items to be ordered. Maintains a clean work environment. Responsible for maintenance of ultrasound and computer equipment to maintain a clean and orderly work environment. Immediate notification of supervisor of need for supplies or equipment repair/maintenance. Probes are appropriately sterilized/cleaned after use. Uses technical knowledge to assist in actively troubleshooting work unit problems with respect to equipment and protocols.
3. Evaluates provider orders and patient history to determine appropriateness of procedure (Patient clinical symptoms, lab values, chart information, prior studies, etc.). Collaborate and plan the workday and patient flow with fellow sonographers and clerical and clinical support staff. Reviews patient's chart and films for correlation. Regularly consults daily schedule to assure patients are seen in a timely fashion in order to maintain flow of clinic and provider’s schedules. Precept new employees and students.
4. Attendance and active participation required at scheduled departmental ultrasound conferences and practice meetings. Maintains CMEs sufficient to maintain RVT/RVS certification. Self-education to remain abreast of new developments in ultrasound findings and technology. Works with physicians on final diagnosis. Performs work in a timely manner based on daily schedule and exam times. Produces accurate images and impressions.
5. Ultrasound guidance for procedures. Able to assist in needle guidance for venous access and/or pseudoaneurysm injections.
● Associate’s degree in Sonography, Radiology or a related field within 3 months of hire, OR Completion of a twelve (12) month ultrasound program within 3 months of hire.
● Registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), or registry eligible and become registered within one (1) year from date of hire. Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
● No prior experience required.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Vascular Clayton
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Clayton
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.