Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 7388
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Leads a division of the Department of Pharmacy to ensure resources are aligned to meet the goals of the department. Sets strategic goals in the area(s) of responsibility. Develops and implements a comprehensive pharmacy plan while simultaneously providing leadership for pharmacy staff. Drives financial stewardship in the area of responsibility.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Collaborates with the Pharmacy Director, other Managers, Leaders, Supervisors, Staff and customers to establish pharmacy department multi-year strategic goals and plans that will align with the strategic plan for the organization. Assist the Director in planning, budgeting and justifying the capital equipment, operating, and human resources requirements needed to accomplish the goals within the responsibility areas. Develop, implement and report on quality, safety, financial and customer service measures within the assigned areas of responsibility.
2. Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Ensures that departmental goals within scope match those of the organization and department. Subsequently responsible for appropriate resource allocation to meet these goals. Establishes a team environment. Builds and maintains relationships that are anchored in trust and shared decision making. Leads self and others to grow.
3. Proactively assesses the need for change and obtains resources to implement change initiatives. Communicates effectively and appropriately. Takes action to ensure that employees within their scope have the infrastructure to fully understand their roles, responsibilities and performance standards/expectations and provides ongoing feedback and support. Treats everyone in a manner that demonstrates fairness and consistency. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
4. Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Participates in decision making that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Consistently conveys that customers are the highest priority. Communicates in a manner that promotes and sustains customer satisfaction and encourages others to do the same. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor budgetary responsibilities.
5. Evaluates and addresses personnel resource needs, retention of staff and training needs to provide a consistently trained and available staff to programmatically deliver quality patient care and meet departmental goals.
6. Teaches students, residents and new pharmacy staff and participates in scholarly activities.
7. Ensures and audits compliance with federal, state, local and institutional policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
8. Responsible for ensuring enforcement of all applicable policies, standards and regulations related to Medication Safety, Medication Management and AR&L (Accreditation, Regulatory and Licensing) within areas of responsibility.
● Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy required. Master’s degree in Pharmacy, Health Services, Business Administration, or related field is desired.
● Eligible for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in NC. Licensure from NC Board of Pharmacy required within 6 months of orientation date or sooner if required for operations.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five years of pharmacist experience or equivalent, three of which must be pharmacy supervisory experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Pharmacy Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.