Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 6943
Location: Pittsboro, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Hospitals Department of Audiology is seeking a full-time Clinical Audiologist to provide services in an outpatient clinic setting at UNC Hospitals Audiology at Pittsboro [in Pittsboro]. This satellite facility is located in Chatham County, a 30 minute drive from Chapel Hill. There may also be the need to cover clinic days in Chapel Hill. We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced audiologist to provide diagnostic audiology services to patients in a busy ENT clinic as well as assessment and treatment of hearing loss, including the evaluation, fitting and management of hearing aid and cochlear implant technology in the adult population. Our tinnitus management program is located at our Pittsboro satellite clinic as well.
UNC Hospitals Adult Audiology encompasses Cochlear Implant and Hearing Aid services, both very active programs in a major academic medical center. The ability to manage current implant technology, perform hearing aid evaluations, selection and fitting using best practices, and participate in clinical research independently are required for the appropriate candidate.
Clear communication with multiple providers to maximize patient outcomes is critical. The ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience working in an academic medical center in collaboration with otolaryngologists and related professionals. Must have a doctoral degree in Audiology (AuD). Requires current NC Audiology license or eligibility for license. This is a 40hr/week daytime position; however, schedule may vary depending on clinic needs.
1. Administer basic and complex diagnostic evaluations to assess auditory and related conditions in patients of all ages
2. Analyze and interpret results of diagnostic testing to establish patient goals and manage subsequent treatment programs
3. Counsel and communicate with patients regarding hearing loss, its implications and establishing goals and treatment programs
4. Manage the ongoing needs of both hearing aid and cochlear implant users
5. Verify hearing aid fitting using appropriate technology
6. Administer comprehensive audiologic evaluation and aided speech perception to determine candidacy for implantable technology (CI, Baha, Bonebridge)
7. Counsel patients regarding implant technology and function including realistic expectations
8. Program and manage implantable technology in the adult population
9. Conduct tinnitus evaluations
10. Complete hearing evaluations for employees enrolled in a hearing conservation program
11. Train and mentor students
● Graduation from an accredited Audiology program.
● Licensed as an Audiologist by the North Carolina Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Doctorate degree in Audiology (Au.D.): No prior experience required.
● If a Bachelor's degree: at least two (2) years of experience as an Audiologist is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Audiology at Pittsboro
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Pittsboro
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.