Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 6805
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is responsible for the Donor Program's overall recruitment efforts in accordance with program standards and annual goals.
1. Assists supervisor to set recruitment goals and works independently to meet those goals. Compiles reports and statistics on recruitment efforts.
2. Coordinates public relations activities with Public Affairs and Marketing. Participates in community activities such as health fairs and service clubs.
3. Develops advertising and promotional materials for Donor Program. Provides donor education and recruitment materials to potential donors.
4. Follows-up with donors to ensure donor satisfaction and return.
5. Initiates, develops, and supports relationships with community leaders, community-based organizations, businesses and local points of contact, stimulating interest in the donor program and establishing potential donor referral sources.
6. Maintains donor retention and recognition programs.
7. Monitors donor schedule and calling efforts of telerecruiters, maintaining supply inventory. Serves as a resource for telerecruiters.
8. Plans, develops, implements and evaluates programs to attract and retain donors. Manages donor recruitment drives.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: One (1) year of related experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Five (5) years of related experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Nine (9) years of related experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Blood Donation Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.