Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 7532
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides daily technical supervision to work units within the Cytogenetics Laboratory. Serves as a resource and consultant to physicians and laboratory directors. Troubleshoots all technical problems associated with procedures. Assists the supervisor in ensuring complete compliance with all regulatory standards. Serves as lead in technology development and implementation. Serves as backup to supervisor regarding administrative issues
1. Collects and analyzes data to evaluate products, procedures, processes and laboratory or program needs.
2. Consults with healthcare providers and professionals regarding patient care and program issues.
3. Ensures compliance with regulatory guidelines. Establishes and reviews procedures and policies.
4. Monitors patient testing results, quality control, maintenance, troubleshooting, and management reports.
5. Monitors personnel performance, counsels employees and provides input into performance evaluations.
6. Provides input into budgetary process by identifying capital equipment needs and anticipating laboratory or program needs.
7. Provides leadership and guidance to co-workers.
8. Provides microscope analysis and molecular analysis, generating reports as necessary.
9. Teaches Clinical Laboratory Science students, Pathology residents and fellows and new employees
● Bachelor degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Chemistry or biological science
● CG (ASCP) Board of Certification required
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Bachelor degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or a chemistry or biological science and completion of a NACCLS accredited Cytogenetics program or completion of a Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Genetic Sciences, three (3) years of experience required.
● If Bachelor degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or a chemistry or biological science, four (4) years of experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Molecular And Cytogenetics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.