Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 6725
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Inspects, installs, services, upgrades, and modifies medical and related electronic equipment in medical, health care facilities.
1. Inspects and installs medical and related electronic equipment in medical, health care facilities
2. Services various equipment and instrumentation such as patient monitors, electrocardiographs, defibrillators, electrosurgical units, pacemakers, ventilators, intra-aortic balloon pumps, pulse oximeters, surgical lasers, telemetry processors, centrifuges, laboratory analytical devices, medical instrument sterilizers, surgical and exam lights, hospital beds, and the pneumatic tube system.
3. Determines system faults, repairs, calibrates, and maintains medical equipment.
4. Performs safety analysis testing of medical equipment to ensure patient and staff safety from electrical shock and mechanical hazards
5. Consults with medical or laboratory staff to ascertain that equipment functions properly and safely.
6. Demonstrates and explains correct operation of equipment to medical personnel.
7. Modifies or upgrades medical equipment, instruments, and devices according to manufacturer guidelines and/or FDA product recall specifications.
8. Procures electronic parts and accessories necessary to repair, operate and maintain medical and electronic systems within health care facilities.
9. Documents services and repair information necessary to maintain an accurate equipment database and device work history.
10. Ensures life safety concerns and patient/staff safety needs remain as a core focus, as set forth in the Rex Safety Plan, the Environment of Care Manual and or Department Procedure Manual.
● Diploma, Associate's Degree (AAS) in Biomedical Technology or Electronics or Graduate of Military Equivalent Technical Training Program or Certified Biomedical Technician.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three years of related experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical publications, procedures, drawings and schematics. Ability to document clinical and technical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from physicians and other medical staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to understand and apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, boolean algebra, and logarithms. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, power and impedance calculations, and various digital numerical systems conversion. Reasoning Ability: Ability to logically define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in publication or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Clinical Engineering
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.