Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 7933
Location: Siler City, NC
Facility/Division: Chatham Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs general security work in the protection of persons and property. Also is involved with enforcement of regulations of UNCHCS and assist the Hospitals Police Officers with enforcement of applicable federal, state and local laws.
1. Communications Communicates effectively via two-way radio, computer, email, telephone and via verbal communications within the Hospital Police Department, as well as with other law enforcement agencies, Hospital staff members, visitors and patients.
2. Emergency Response Assist with mental health patient custody issues and also assist in both arranging transportation to other facilities as well as escorting patients to units in house within the Hospitals. Provides immediate response for calls for assistance in dealing with patient, visitor or employee behavior issues and provides backup for Hospital police officers dealing with those situations. Responds to smoke, trouble or fire alarms as required. Participates as a functioning part of the Emergency Response Team to provide or prevent access to the involved area as required in emergency situations at the Hospital. Assist Hospital Police Officers as required in the removal of unauthorized persons from Hospital property. Maintains a working knowledge of emergency codes and Hospital police response procedures. Responds appropriately and in a timely manner to any and all emergency situations as well as activated security alarms.
3. Fixed Post Functions Emergency Department-Controls patient and visitor entry as appropriate into the E.D. Operates metal screening system to prevent weapons or other contraband from entering the patient treatment area. Maintains parking lot surveillance to assure safety and ensure parking availability for E.D. customers. Night Entrance- Controls the entrance of visitors and employees after hours at the Hospitals designated night entrance as well as screens for proper authorization and identification. Staffs other posts as needed.
4. Investigations and Incident Report Writing- Complete trepass, patient intervention and use of force reports with complete narrative into departmental records management system. Takes custody of items found, secures them properly and attempts to return property. Initiates risk assessments on D.O.C. inmates, patients and employees as required. I
5. Patrol Submits daily activity logs/reports before the end of the shift unless approved otherwise by the supervisor. Is knowledgeable of the security sensitive areas identified in the Security Mg plan and patrol area policy. Escorts employees, patients and visitors to parking areas. Provides after-hours access to secured areas for authorized personnel. Collects inventories and secures patient property when cashier?s officer is not open. Patrols assigned area and properly documents/reports security or safety hazards. Locks/unlocks designated doors. Assures deceased bodies are entered and properly released from the morgue with proper ID. Transports patient commitment documents to the magistrate?s office. Interacts with personnel in patrol areas and challenges all suspicious persons encountered. Completes/documents the required number of patrols as specified by the Shift Lieutenant or Sergeant. Intervenes and redirects persons observed to be in violation of the UNC Health Care Tobacco-Free Workplace policy.
6. Traffic Control Conducts parking surveys when requested or required. Enforces applicable parking regulations. Initiates towing of vehicles as required. Reports malfunction of citation writing equipment to the proper persons so as to assure they are repaired. Patrols areas of responsibility and writes citations to illegally parked or unauthorized vehicles in a ?proactive? manner.
● High School diploma or GED
● Valid NC Driver's license and CPR Certification Required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Must have worked for twelve months after graduation from high school or obtaining a GED.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Must be proficient in oral and written communication. Basic computer skills.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Chatham Hospital
Organization Unit: Hospital Police Department
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Siler City
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.