Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 7650
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Assists the Chemosurgeon in Mohs surgeries and by maintaining homeostasis and bandaging wounds and reassuring patients throughout the surgical process. Assists with procedures such as skin biopsies, reconstructive surgery, and resident surgery clinics.
1. Assists the Chemosurgeon by maintaining homeostasis and bandaging wounds and reassuring patients throughout the surgical process. Assists with procedures such as skin biopsies, reconstructive surgery, and resident surgery clinics.
2. Educates patients and family members about post-operative care, in accordance with chemosurgeon?s instructions. Answers questions for patients.
3. Maintains an independent medical records system of patients, digital photographs, correspondence, operative notes and pathology reports. Conveys important or changing patient information to the Chemosurgeon.
4. Maintains and cleans equipment to ensure proper working order. Prepares the surgical suites and laboratory for outpatient surgical procedures, cleans patient care rooms and instruments after procedures. Maintains inventory for the laboratory and surgical suites.
5. Obtains vital signs, preoperative information, and consent forms from patients. Relays information gathered from the patient to the chemosurgeon
6. Registers new patients, schedules patients for surgery, consultations, and follow up appointments. Serves as a liaison between chemosurgeon and referring physicians.
● Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: No prior experience is required.
● If an Associate's degree: Six (6) months of clinical or laboratory experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Derm - MOHS
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.