Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 8007
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Temporary Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is responsible for providing analysis, quality and accuracy of employee data. Researches and corrects human resources related data to ensure data integrity and eliminate errors through downstream processing. Runs queries and performs audits to support risk, audit and data privacy compliance. Completes data changes and data validation activities to support the HR function.
1. HR Systems Data - Responsible for HR Services Systems data maintenance (organizational level information) and analysis. Responsible for validation of data and data audits while maintaining a high level of confidentiality. Identifies and corrects incomplete, improperly formatted and/or incorrect data through final review and approval of system workflow. Maintains various database information; provides tracking; processes data for reporting and updating/entering information for reporting purposes. Responds promptly and provides frequent updates to keep the user informed of status.
2. Audit and Compliance - Performs data maintenance/validation and data corrections as necessary to for HR Services support. Assists with maintaining the integrity of various HR related databases to retrieve accurate and timely information.
3. Measurement & Analysis - Identifies a business or process problem and options for solving problem (root causes). Applies analytical skills to process problem and report results. Measures and evaluates process improvement initiatives. Reports information necessary to inform decision makers. Utilizes basic statistical concepts, tools and techniques and maintains awareness of advanced topics.
4. Problem Solving & Implementation - Develops recommendations with supporting facts for best course of action to increase accuracy and efficiency regarding employee data and to ensure accurate personnel records. Assist with testing and data conversion regression testing from HR Systems.
5. Case Management - Respond and resolve Tier II cases from Employee Services regarding employee data changes. Review and approve requested data changes to ensure compliance and adherence to established business processes.
6. Tools, Methodologies & Technologies - Effectively utilizes new and existing tools, methodologies and technologies to solve business problems and provides solutions that enhance operations, capabilities and competitiveness.
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
● None required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor’s degree: No prior experience required.
● If an Associate’s degree: Four (4) years of relevant experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eight (8) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Demonstrated ability to interface with both internal and external business partners and act as liaison when needed. Strong team facilitation, process improvement, data analysis, quality assurance skills. Excellent organization skills, strong attention to detail, and process oriented. Proficient with Excel. Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral communication. Ability to identify and resolve exceptions and to interpret data. Demonstrated ability to maintain a confidential work environment, including handling issues with discretion and good judgment. Ability to manage workload and achieve results with minimal supervision.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HR Data Management
Work Type: Temporary Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.