Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 8018
Location: Clayton, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
UNC Health Alliance is UNC Health’s statewide clinically integrated network and population health services organization. The mission of this team is to transform healthcare delivery on behalf of more than 7,200 providers by offering patient-centered solutions to populations covered under alternative payment models. Joining this team means you will work closely with providers, practices, payers, business leaders, and community partners to improve the quality and accessibility of care while lowering the cost of care for patients, payers, and businesses. We are a growing team looking for top talent to help us with creative solutions that improve patient care and help make healthcare more affordable. Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position will support UNCPN practices in Johnston and Wayne Counties.
Responsible for supervision of a multidisciplinary care team, including oversight of day-to-day care coordination services, participation in hiring and training of qualified staff, and involvement in the annual performance evaluation process. Identifies and addresses barriers to care and efficient workflows. Develops collaborative relationships with the care team to facilitate improved patient outcomes. Responsible for achieving productivity and quality targets.
1. Supervises and coordinates care management services, establishes efficient workflows and addresses barriers to implementation.
2. Establishes an environment of patient advocacy, supporting shared decision making, and the use of decision aids.
3. Utilizes population management data and resources to identify at risk patients, provide education and remove barriers to care plan compliance. Monitors outcomes and works collaboratively with the care team to optimize the patient's care plan.
4. Facilitates training of multidisciplinary care management staff on a variety of topics, including comprehensive assessment, disease prevention and health maintenance, establishing self-management goals, and navigating the health care system. Responsible for meeting productivity and quality targets to achieve low cost, high quality care.
5. Establishes appropriate standards for documentation in the patient's electronic medical record, monitors compliance and provides feedback and training.
6. Collaborates with third party payers to proactively address issues and prevent denial of payment and/or services.
7. Actively participates in meetings, problem solving, goal setting, performance improvement, and patient engagement. Ensures compliance with organizational policies, procedures and evidenced based guidelines.
8. Participates in annual performance evaluation to support employee performance feedback.
● Requires Bachelor's degree
● Appropriate licensure for field of study
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three years of clinical experience in an acute care or ambulatory setting caring for patients with complex medical conditions required. Experience leading or participating on a multidisciplinary team required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Health Alliance
Organization Unit: Pop Health-UNCPN Care Mgmt
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.