Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 7599
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs a wide variety of skilled occupational therapy treatments for patients based upon the occupational therapy evaluations and goals completed by the occupational therapist. Advances the patient's treatment plan in response to the patient's progress. Assists with discharge planning.
1. Contributes to various interdisciplinary team meetings to plan for patient needs, discuss family education plans, and discharge plans.
2. Documents patient treatment and progress toward goals in the medical record. Completes department records for team communication, billing, and statistics.
3. Instructs occupational therapy and occupational therapist assistant students.
4. Precepts occupational therapist assistants and evaluates the learner's competency per department guidelines.
5. Provides skilled occupational therapy treatments to a wide variety of patients. Designs activities or exercises to meet OT goals. Fabricates a wide range of splints. Teaches patients techniques and use of adaptive equipment to increase independence in activities of daily living. Uses group techniques to facilitate therapeutic groups to reach a variety of OT goals. Instructs patient and family in home techniques for discharge.
6. Participation - Contributes to quality of clinical services through attendance and participation in departmental meetings and in-services.
7. Quality-Contributes to quality of clinical services through maintenance of valid & reliable records of patient procedures & progress. Participates in quality improvement initiatives with the clinical specialist and other healthcare professionals. Participates in continuous quality improvement efforts in conjunction with the department director
● Graduation from an accredited two-year Occupational Therapy Assistant program.
● Licensed as an Occupational Therapy Assistant in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex RRNCC Raleigh Therapy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.