Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 7613
Location: Wilson, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Works in collaboration with assigned unit or department to ensure work is accomplished timely and effectively. Partner with other colleagues outside of assigned area as needed for professional resources.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Schedules outpatient testing and procedures.
3. Obtains authorizations for procedures, medications and tests.
4. Fax and mail correspondence as needed.
5. Obtains or verifies complete patient demographic information from customers.
6. Assists in the completion of insurance, disability and FMLA forms
7. Escorts patients to and from exam rooms. Performs activities to ensure patient safety, comfort and privacy in full consideration of patient safety needs.
8. Collects and records patient data including height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, respiration, and temperature. Communicates pertinent patient information to the appropriate person(s).
9. Performs visual and hearing screening and assists physicians/nurses with other selected treatments and procedures within the scope of practice as a Nursing Assistant.
10. Prepares patients for physician exams and provides assistance as requested by the physician.
11. Assists in maintaining a clean, safe and well-stocked environment Cleans and restocks exam rooms. Cleans equipment on a routine basis.
12. Prepares patient charts for next day appointments.
● High School diploma or GED
● Completion of an accredited Nursing Assistant Training Program
● NA I
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One year of related experience or training
● Previous healthcare setting experience with exposure to patient registration and/or scheduling
● Require exceptional customer service and organizational skills
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex NC Surgery-Wilson
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Wilson
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.