Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 8058
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The web content writer is an integral member of the team responsible for content across numerous UNC Health Care websites managed by the Communications and Marketing department. Content writers craft original content that’s purposeful and engaging to educate and inform people about all that UNC Health offers, and to help people make important decisions about their care and their overall health and well-being. This content must be highly scannable/readable while also optimized for search and should be written and published with an eye towards appearing in Google Answer Box results and in voice search queries. The web content writer must also ensure content meets editorial standards, is aligned with strategy, and is delivered within established deadlines.
1. Strategy - Collaborate with Content team to develop and implement processes for creating and reviewing content. Collaborate with Marketing team and stakeholders to understand content requests and measurement goals. Collaborate with consumer insights team to understand digital journeys, motivations and drivers for key audience segments and create content with these learnings in mind
2. Creation & Distribution - Research topics and conduct interviews with stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts. Write and proofread content with organic search in mind, with target keywords defined and appropriate SEO best practices employed. Ensure all content is accurate and aligned with brand messaging and editorial style guidelines. Ensure content is relevant and engaging to defined audiences. Contribute to regular review/update of all web content. Provide editorial support to team members. Continually monitor trends and best practices in SEO and web writing
● Bachelor's degree in related field
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires three (3) years of content writing experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Exceptional writing and communication skills•Highly detailed oriented•Experience with content management systems (Geonetric VitalSite a plus)•Ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines•Strong customer service focus and ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders•Working knowledge of keyword research and basic SEO principles•Experience implementing editorial guidelines for specific platforms and audiences•Editing for style•Proofreading for grammar and fact checking•Research•SEO/keyword research
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Marketing Technology
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.