Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 7815
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Maintains accurate and complete scheduling database. Works collaboratively with all areas to ensure accuracy and completeness of scheduled procedures. Schedules patient procedures and pre-registers patients when possible.
1. Maintains accurate and complete scheduling database. Works collaboratively with all areas to ensure accuracy and completeness of scheduled procedures. Schedules patient procedures while coordinating with Radiologists schedules. Pre-registers patient when possible and appropriate.
2. Pre-registers patient when possible and appropriate.
3. Obtains demographic information from patients. Enters this data into appropriate Rex information systems. Completes all federal and regulatory required forms for the registration, including obtaining signed consent's and financial agreements and waiver forms.
4. Monitors various insurance websites (i.e.. BCBS, Wellpath, United, Aetna, etc.) and validates current policies in regard to insurance authorization requirements and communicates to scheduling staff as required.
5. Maintains and validates exempt physician and physician practice insurance pre-authorization exemption lists, through website monitoring and physician calls.
6. Responsible for the maintenance of the Diagnostic Services Faxpress folder, ensuring that all orders that are received are correct and in accordance of the previously scheduled exam. Responsible for electronically renaming and filing orders under the correct department.
7. Serves as preceptor for co-worker training and orientation within the scheduling department. Provides input to Radiology Scheduling Coordinator for co-worker evaluations (90 day and annual).
8. Responsible for maintaining the daily sedation schedule, and daily bed reservation schedule, working with departments, as appropriate to ensure proper reservation protocol is followed and beds are available.
9. Responsible for maintaining the ABN pre-authorization queue. All Diagnostic Services Medicare Part B studies placed in the queue will need to be analyzed for appropriateness. Upon review additional calls may be made to physician practices to obtain further or more appropriate authorization.
● High school diploma required. College degree preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prefer experience in healthcare setting with exposure to patient registration or scheduling or insurance authorization processes. Requires exceptional customer service and organizational skills. Medical terminology desired.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply basic mathematical skills such as counting money and making change, using a credit card and adding machine. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to define problems, collect data or information, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to develop independent solutions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex OBGYN at Holly Springs
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.