Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 8107
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Caldwell UNC Health is the choice for health care in Caldwell County. The Emergency Department see approximately 30,000 visits a year. Caldwell Physician Network provides the majority of primary care and select specialty care to our market from eleven separate medical park locations throughout the county. Our 137-bed hospital is a member of the UNC Health System.
• Work with a team of experienced and highly skilled physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners as the Medical Director for Caldwell Acute Care Specialists
• The Medical Director provides management of the hospitalist group including oversight of team and individual performance/adherence to standards & will create the monthly hospitalist schedule
• The Medical Director of Caldwell Acute Care Specialists reports to the CMO & will represent the hospitalist group at the Medical Executive Committee and other committees/working groups that require hospitalist representation
• The Medical Director will lead the hospitalist group in the development, implementation and sustainment of quality and throughput measures/process improvement projects. • The Medical Director interfaces with other practices, practitioners, departments and allied health services to promote/facilitate collaboration & effective operations.
• Some clinical shifts will be required and experience with procedures is preferred (central line & vent management), open ICU managed by hospitalists. Experienced applicants only.
• Specialty backup: Cardiology, GI, Nephrology, General Surgery, Vascular Surgery, ENT, Pulmonary. Epic EMR system.
• Location- 321 Mulberry Street, SW, Lenoir, NC 28645
Lifestyle, Scenery, Recreation, Friendship, Professional Career—Have it ALL!
• Location in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Northwestern North Carolina
• Temperate climate with 4 seasons
• Proximity to higher education opportunities: Appalachian State University in Boone, NC; Lenoir-Rhyne University in Hickory, NC; Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute in Hudson, NC
• One hour-and-ten-minutes travel time each to: Charlotte Douglas International Airport; the eclectic attractions of Asheville; the arts and history of Winston-Salem; and only 20 minutes to the North Carolina High Country and the mountain resort community of Blowing Rock.
To be considered, please email your CV to [email protected]
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.