Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 6031
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs skilled work in the repair, construction, and maintenance of various refrigeration and air conditioning systems, including associated air handling, control devices and equipment, heating, ventilation, chilled water distribution systems, chillers and energy management control systems. Work is performed on rotating shifts and/or set day/evening/night work schedules as required.
1. Analyze building heating and cooling systems and recommend modifications to achieve better operation and energy efficiency
2. Completes required documentation for records and reports in a timely and complete fashion.
3. Conduct repairs and operations of all systems on an emergency basis when working the rotating shifts
4. Install, repair and maintain various HVAC and refrigeration systems. Install, repair and maintain pneumatic control systems and associated components and equipment installed and used in the HVAC, chilled water, refrigeration systems and medical air systems.
5. Perform maintenance and operational tests on HVAC and refrigeration system devices, using equipment such as refrigerant recovery systems and refrigerant pressure gauges. Perform all required tests and maintain the HVAC systems to meet Infection Control requirements and respond to patient and staff complaints regarding heating and cooling problems.
6. Perform system troubleshooting and repair of HVAC and refrigeration control circuits and equipment properly using a variety of electronics and electrical test equipment, system and device drawings and air monitor output and reports. Perform preventative maintenance and repair of refrigeration, air conditioning and air handling equipment. Perform computerized energy system monitoring. Record, analyze and use operational data of chillers in accordance with preset parameters.
7. Provide first response fire brigade and disaster relief and support as required or requested.
8. Schedules and completes work assignments received at level of independence defined for job level
● High School diploma or GED
● Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years direct experience installing, maintaining and repairing air conditioning, heating, ventilation, chillers, chilled water distribution, refrigeration and control systems.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Facility Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.