Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 7181
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is responsible for the overall leadership responsibility for Radiation Oncology Services at UNC Medical Center. The Director of Radiation Oncology is directly responsible for the Medical Center’s clinical and administrative teams ensures delivery of high quality, cost-effective, and efficient healthcare in accordance with annual operating goals, objectives, and organizational policies. Serves as an active member of the NCCH’s leadership team partnering with executive, clinical and physician leadership to establish direction and strategy for all areas of responsibility to optimally support the Medical Center’s strategic priorities.
1. Operations: Provides leadership for and oversees the operations to ensures the development, monitoring and sustainability of the infrastructure required to achieve cost effective, high quality, efficient service delivery systems across functional departments, including oversight of products, services, technology, environmental, safety, supplies, logistics and other resources within a defined scope of accountability. Participates in the development and recommendation of the capital budget, and responsible for operational and financial analysis, problem resolution, personnel management, data management and performance improvement.
2. Leading Change: The position will act as a catalyst for organizational change across the infusion services and acts as a key liaison between clinical directors, pharmacy, physician leadership and other functional areas of the Cancers and Ambulatory Services. The position will be responsible for creating that culture of change and improvement and managing numerous initiatives simultaneously.
3. Leading People: Leads people toward meeting the organization’s vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence and promoting the organization’s vision internally and externally. Delegates responsibility, clarifies expectations, and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Leads in a deliberate and predictable way and operates with transparency.
4. Results Driven: Exceeds organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost effective results. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Fosters a culture of safe and compassionate patient care. Makes well-informed, timely decisions, even when data are limited or solutions produce unfavorable results. Positions the organization for success by identifying new opportunities and builds the organization by developing and improving services.
● Bachelor’s degree in related field
● If a Registered Nurse: Requires licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Bachelor’s degree, Five (5) years of operations experience in a tertiary care setting, including three (3) years of experience in a supervisory position in a related field.
● If Master’s degree: Three (3) years of professional operations experience in a tertiary care setting with two (2) years in supervisory position in a related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Education/Licensure/Certification (These qualifications are highly preferred for this position)
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Oncology Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC: Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.