Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 7947
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Health Alliance
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Clinical Improvement Services and Support Coach is accountable and responsible for ensuring roll-out and update of a clinical measure-based programmatic suite of services to UNC HCS entities that are tied to UNC HCS initiatives governed by PPMC, QIOC, and Health Alliance. Responsibilities include accountability for creating correct Epic documentation for strategic initiatives, improving process efficiency and outcomes to support the ongoing transformation of clinical and operational processes to move towards value-based models of care and reimbursement and other duties/projects as needed to support the institution through the use of Epic. Clinical Implementation Service and Support Coaches are expected be the liaison between clinics they support, the Population Health Team, [email protected] training, strategic ePEC governance and Epic development, the [email protected] ‘18 team, the PCIC Coaches and Executive Committees of UNC Health Care.
1. Epic Coordination- Uses Epic knowledge in the Ambulatory environment and ability to work with senior leadership, physicians, clinicians, operations, business office, front desk, back office, revenue cycle, including creating Smartphrases and SmartLists; building Templates for Providers for office visits; assisting Providers in Epic and their workflow to achieve best practices, building Preference Lists – including internal and external order knowledge. Knows the correct locations for documentation in Epic for Health Maintenance BPA’s, PQRS, Chronic Care Management, PCMH, CASi, and MIPS/MACRA. Work with the clinics to ensure documentation is being captured in the correct fields during their rooming process workflow.Assisting with Epic workflow assessments, issues, and resolutions for both provider and clinical staff.
2. QI Methodologies- Assist clinics on QI methodologies and work toward gap closure utilizing Epic;
3. Coaching Support- Providing at-the-elbow support to an assigned a group of clinic locations with approximately 80% effort in clinics across a territory in NC; Scheduling monthly visits with engaged clinics, and meeting as needed with other clinic locations; Tracking issues internally to surveil trends, issues, or successes; Effectively follows up and closes all issues assigned or identifies issues to management with recommendations on how to proceed; Problem solving using familiar resources such as playground, USPSTF website, training library, and heat system; Keeping the clinics updated on new EPIC tools from the PQI Population Health Team build and changes to Epic workflows; Help clinics understand and utilize Pop Health tools, Patient Panel and Healthy Planet reports;
● Appropriate education tied to licensure is required (For ex: Bachelors of Nursing for RN, Masters in Nurse Practitioner for NP).
● Clinical Licensure (RN, LPN, NP or PA) is required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of clinical experience in a healthcare setting required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands Health Maintenance logic, build, and modifiers; Comfortable working with BPA’s including the logic, build, and workflows; General clinical workflow knowledge to assist in day to day Epic documentation for initiatives and tasks
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: Health Alliance
Organization Unit: Change Management and Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.