Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 8042
Location: Siler City, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This role is responsible in ensuring that patient access processing is performed in accordance with procedure and documented in a timely and accurate manner in ADT and other clinical information systems. Meets departmental/organizational outcome targets for process accuracy and timeliness.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures and verifies key ADT information (insurance verification, patient and guarantor demographics, etc.) is current and accurate to ensure patient safety, charging, coding, insurance processing, and billing accuracy.
2. Schedules all new and follow-up patient appointments as required. Attempt to reschedule cancellations whenever possible. Communicates cancellations to provider as necessary.
3. Completes and documents all governmental, regulatory, financial, and contractual forms in accordance to procedure. Ensures document is scanned/saved to correct location and is legible.
4. Utilizes price estimation tool, when applicable, as part of the registration process to provide the most accurate estimate to patients
Meets departmental target for up front collections to include deposits, estimated amounts due, co-pays, and/or prior balances.
5. Actively participates in departmental QA by utilizing system work queues, making a personal effort to reduce individual errors, and making corrections. Utilizes system work queues as a daily part of the registration process to minimize errors.
High School Diploma or GED
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Requires two (2) years of customer service experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
● Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply basic mathematical skills such as counting money and making change, using a credit card and adding machine.
● Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to define problems, collect data or information, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to develop independent solutions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Patient Access Chatham
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 16.00
Work Schedule: Nights/Weekends (3pm - 11:30pm, Saturday and Sunday)
Location of Job: Siler City
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.