Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 7422
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position recruits, arranges training, conducts Human Resource related functions, and otherwise supervises a staff of pharmacy technicians and directs the day-to-day technician operations of the unit or department. The position plays a key role in meeting hospital and departmental goals.
1. Establishes goals and objectives for unit and employees. Integrates work unit standards and goals with departmental quality goals. Monitors and identifies opportunities for improvement and utilizes appropriate performance improvement tools and techniques.
2. Maintains expertise in core pharmacy technician job functions, including medication preparation, delivery, technology and automation support, and telephone triage.
3. Selects, trains, evaluates, counsels, motivates and disciplines employees in work unit. Upholds all applicable organizational, departmental, and work unit human resource related policies and procedures.
4. Supervises staff and activities of unit. Assigns duties and tasks to employees. Monitors workload and makes appropriate adjustments. Ensures quality of work and creates and monitors work schedules to ensure adequate staffing. Serves as primary resource for employees regarding problems and interpretation and application of policies and procedures.
● High school diploma or GED. Completion of an academic pharmacy technician training program preferred.
● Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy. ·CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA required
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three years of pharmacy technician experience required or two years of pharmacy technician experience and two years of supervisory experience in related or unrelated field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Pharmacy Investigational Drugs
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.