Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 7499
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
SBO-Sr. Revenue Cycle Representative Role Description
This is an operational leadership role and not a staff position. The leader selected for these positions will be managing AR and will held accountable for ensuring that their assigned business and team is working towards meeting the overall metrics that are assigned to the billing team group. On a regular basis, this leader will be required to report out to their supervisor and other leaders their metrics as well as be able to speak to the issues impacting those metrics and share what is being done to ensure AR is not negatively impacted.
A few of the key responsibilities of this role will be:
• Monitoring of Aging AR
• Monitoring of RQ’s Daily/Weekly
• Working High Dollar Accounts
• Reviewing High Dollar Appeals
• Running of prompted reports in Business Objects.
• Analyzing reporting to identify issues and assign projects.
• Trending and monitoring of identified issues.
• Using the BARD-AR Dashboard to monitor health of AR.
• Quality Auditing
• Answering of Helper Requests
• Charge Corrections
• Training of new staff and ongoing development of current staff.
• Adaptability and willingness to change work schedule as needed including working on- site for extended periods of time to assist with training and/or special projects.
• Being organized is KEY! This leader will be required to track, monitor and report on their assigned projects.
● High school diploma or GED.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience in Hospital or Physician Insurance related activities (Authorization, Billing, Follow-Up, Call-Center, or Collections).
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Intermediate technical skills including PC and MS Outlook.
● Advanced knowledge of Explanation of Benefits (EOB) and EITHER or BOTH the UB-04 for Hospital Billing or the HCFA 1500 for Professional Billing
● Intermediate knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 codes.
● Advanced knowledge of insurance billing, collections and insurance terminology.
● Extensive knowledge of 3rd party reimbursements from insurance companies and government payers is a plus.
Legal Employer: NC Health
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Physician Ins Billing and Foll
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.