Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 7661
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Scribe Coach is responsible for the onboarding of new scribes, documentation quality, training development, and continued supervision of a group of scribes within a certain geographical location. They are accountable for ensuring that the scribes are high-functioning and efficiently utilized to support providers and the UNC Physician Network’s mission and objectives. The Scribe Coach reports to the Scribe Manager while working in collaboration with practice managers, providers, and clinical staff to achieve organizational goals.
● Executes and conducts both classroom and in-clinic training of all new scribes
● Aides in provider template reconciliation prior to new scribe training
● Performs scribe services to understand provider workflow and provider preferences prior to new scribe training
● Clearly defines UNCPN Scribe Program expectations to trainees and clinical staff
● Conducts training and quality audits by observing scribe performance and provides the trainee and Scribe Administration with feedback for improvement
● Continuous review and feedback of scribe charts to ensure high quality and effective charting
● Shadows and obtains provider and scribe evaluations to seek input for improvement and works in collaboration with Scribe Administration to conduct Scribe Performance Improvement Plans
● Monitors the scribes within their geographical region, creates reports, and gives feedback to Scribe Manager for continued growth, quality, and adaptability
● Collaborates with Scribe Manager to improve and create training curriculum to enhance the scribe training process
● Collaborates with Scribe Administration team and helps develop materials for monthly Scribex
● Leads people toward meeting the organization’s vision, mission, and goals
● Provides additional training support and resources to scribes for continued growth and improvement
● Works with Scribe Manager to identify forthcoming quality assessment, performance
improvement processes, and develop strategies to meet these requirements
● Works with Scribe Manager to explore new ways in which scribes can be used to benefit providers (i.e. PCIC gap closures, health maintenance) and enhance the patient experience
● Collaborates with Scribe Manager, PQI and CICs to ensure scribes are aware of new initiatives
● Aides in enhancing the scribe training process
● Aides Scribe Manager with scribe interviews and assessments as needed
● Provides scribe shift coverage for provider(s) as needed
● Conducts scribe trials for providers who are interested in the program
● Assists with go-lives for newly acquired UNCPN practices
● Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately
● Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self, and others
● Bachelor's degree in related field
Professional Experience Requirements:
● ● One (1) year of scribing experience, outpatient preferred
● ● Training and/or curriculum development experience preferred
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● ● Medical Terminology
● EHR experience, preferably EPIC
● Demonstrated ability to learn, appropriately apply techniques taught and communicate effectively with others
● Travel Required
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Administration Staff
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.