Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 8204
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides translation-interpreter services for Spanish-speaking patients and their families, as needed throughout the UNC Healthcare System.
1. Maintains records related to translation requests and documents the nature of requests in patients? medical records
2. Provides accurate face to face medical interpretation between Spanish speaking patients and staff in a variety of settings within UNC HealthCare.
3. Serves as an advocate for Spanish speaking patients and their families assisting in the coordination of health needs. Assists care providers in understanding the Hispanic culture.
4. Translates and maintains UNC HealthCare printed material into Spanish. Actively searches for existing Spanish language materials pertaining to health care and hospitalization.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience in a health care or human services setting.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Demonstrates a fluency in the Spanish and English languages. Possess extensive knowledge of medical terminology and procedures.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit: Interpreter Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.