Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 7656
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Director of Women’s Services is responsible for the operations of the inpatient units and programs of the UNCH Women’s Hospital. Women’s Services is an organizational, regional and statewide clinical program providing high quality services and care for Women patients and their families in multiple settings. Program emphasis includes outcomes, analysis, budgetary oversight, provider and staff education and community outreach. This position has responsibility and accountability for twenty-four hour management and direction of the Women’s Services which includes multiple inpatient units and departments. This position is responsible for the fiscal and human resources of the Women’s Services and oversight of the patient care in this hospital and the quality and adherence to standards of care for these populations elsewhere in the hospital. Position is responsible for service delivery, service integration, and overall performance management of assigned division.
1. Responsible for directing department operations, strategies, policies and procedures, budget process, project implementations, human resource management and committee representation. Responsible for insuring compliance and other regulatory standards, implementing and monitoring financial controls to insure effective utilization of resources through budgeting and analysis of management reports, development of staff and services, as well as organizational performance improvement, quality management, evidence based outcome and setting the communication tone, values and culture of the department.
2. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Delegates assignments, clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence. Works collaboratively toward solutions that accomplish organizational objectives.
3. Leading Change - Initiates and manages the change process, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace. Communicates a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the process. Clearly communicates the direction, required performance, and challenges of change to all involved parties. Identifies and enlists the support of key individuals and groups to move the change forward. Obtains and provides resources to implement change initiatives. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
4. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor overall financial status of operations.
● Bachelor’s degree and Master's degree in an appropriate discipline with at least one in Nursing.
● Licensed as Registered Nurse in the State of North Carolina.
●Professional certification (ANCC Magnet approved) relevant to Management, Leadership or Clinical Area is required within the probationary period of employment.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Seven (7) years nursing experience with three (3) years in progressive leadership role required. Evidence of three (3) years in a hospital setting, staffing or leadership in the clinically relevant field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Thorough knowledge of clinical procedures. Demonstrate expertise and skill to effectively manage staff, organize and delegate work assignments. Effective written and verbal skills to develop and maintain rapport with physicians and external clients. Ability to manage multiple competing priorities concurrently. Familiarity with regulatory requirements.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Womens Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.