Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 7651
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Responsible for providing the planning, coordination, utilization and administration of databases and other file organization and access methods for the UNC Health . Ensures appropriate definition, organization, security, integrity, operational efficiency, operational support, scheduling and documentation of the databases. Maintains the structure and contents of critical databases, establishing and enforcing rules, standards and guidelines.
1. Approves, schedules, plans, and supervises the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems, such as the installation of new databases.
2. Develops standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
3. Modifies existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
4. Plans, coordinates and implements security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
5. Specifies users and user access levels for each segment of database. Develops data model describing data elements and how they are used, following procedures and using pen, template or computer software.
6. Tests programs or databases, corrects errors and makes necessary modifications.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Four (4) years of progressive experience in computer programming and applications analysis including the design and maintenance of an integrated database system.
● If an Associate's degree: Eight (8) years of progressive experience in computer programming and applications analysis including the design and maintenance of an integrated database system.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Twelve (12) years of progressive experience in computer programming and applications analysis including the design and maintenance of an integrated database system.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT End User Support
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.