Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 7249
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Develop and lead initiatives focused on the research, application, and publication of data related to quality and performance improvement for the transplant department
The Bone Marrow Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program at UNC is a comprehensive team that manages the care of adult and pediatric patients who undergo hematopoietic cell transplantation or immunotherapy treatment such as CAR-T. We offer a supportive environment to learn, grow and make a difference in a fascinating field of medicine!
1. Transplant Data - This role interprets, extracts and submits complex clinical data from the UNC Bone Marrow Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program to the Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Registry (CIBMTR) for the advancement of hematopoietic cell transplant (HCT) and cellular therapy research. All data must meet strict reporting standards and deadlines. This role collaborates with multidisciplinary teams to ensure accuracy of data collected and analyzed. Maintains transplant data tracking in accordance with standards as set by the BMTCT Program, the CIBMTR, the NMDP and other governing bodies. The successful candidate must enjoy the combination of working independently to assess and interpret clinical information while also applying database and computer knowledge to ensure successful and efficient data collection and transmission. This role also supports quality assurance, performance measures, process improvement plans, strategic planning, analysis & projects to enhance the Program as needed.
2. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Ensures that departmental goals match those of the organization and that resources are allocated to meet priorities. Establishes an environment that creates incentives for, and eliminates barriers to, a team environment. Articulates common goals and communicates how individual roles contribute to team success.
3. Leading Change - Proactively assesses the need for change and obtains resources to implement change initiatives. Communicates effectively and appropriately. Takes action to ensure that employees fully understand their roles, responsibilities and performance standards/expectations and provides ongoing feedback and support. Treats everyone in a manner that demonstrates fairness and consistency. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
4. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Participates in decision making that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Consistently conveys that customers are the highest priority. Communicates in a manner that promotes and sustains customer satisfaction and encourages others to do the same. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor budgetary responsibilities.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline with 5 years of progressive experience in a related field or Associates Degree in an appropriate discipline with 10 years of progressive experience in a related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of progressive experience in related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Bone Marrow Transplant Program
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.