Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 7249
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Develop and lead initiatives focused on the research, application, and publication of data related to quality and performance improvement for the transplant department
The Bone Marrow Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program at UNC is a comprehensive team that manages the care of adult and pediatric patients who undergo hematopoietic cell transplantation or immunotherapy treatment such as CAR-T. We offer a supportive environment to learn, grow and make a difference in a fascinating field of medicine!
1. Transplant Data - This role interprets, extracts and submits complex clinical data from the UNC Bone Marrow Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program to the Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Registry (CIBMTR) for the advancement of hematopoietic cell transplant (HCT) and cellular therapy research. All data must meet strict reporting standards and deadlines. This role collaborates with multidisciplinary teams to ensure accuracy of data collected and analyzed. Maintains transplant data tracking in accordance with standards as set by the BMTCT Program, the CIBMTR, the NMDP and other governing bodies. The successful candidate must enjoy the combination of working independently to assess and interpret clinical information while also applying database and computer knowledge to ensure successful and efficient data collection and transmission. This role also supports quality assurance, performance measures, process improvement plans, strategic planning, analysis & projects to enhance the Program as needed.
2. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Ensures that departmental goals match those of the organization and that resources are allocated to meet priorities. Establishes an environment that creates incentives for, and eliminates barriers to, a team environment. Articulates common goals and communicates how individual roles contribute to team success.
3. Leading Change - Proactively assesses the need for change and obtains resources to implement change initiatives. Communicates effectively and appropriately. Takes action to ensure that employees fully understand their roles, responsibilities and performance standards/expectations and provides ongoing feedback and support. Treats everyone in a manner that demonstrates fairness and consistency. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
4. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Participates in decision making that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Consistently conveys that customers are the highest priority. Communicates in a manner that promotes and sustains customer satisfaction and encourages others to do the same. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor budgetary responsibilities.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline with 5 years of progressive experience in a related field or Associates Degree in an appropriate discipline with 10 years of progressive experience in a related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of progressive experience in related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Bone Marrow Transplant Program
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.