Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 8337
Location: Eden, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Prepares reports, mail, specimens, and supplies for delivery to designations locations, ensuring timeliness and confidentiality for all transactions. It is physically demanding, frequently pushing of linen carts and food carts. It requires driving a box truck (no CDL required) on campus between three loading docks.
This job requires a 12-hour shift (6:30 am - 6:30 pm)
Work schedule will be Fri, Sat, Sun.
1. Prepares reports, mail, and supplies for delivery in a timely manner. Downloads correct route into tracking system.
2. Properly prepares coolers for transporting specimens and stores specimens for transport according to departmental guidelines.
3. Retrieves outgoing mail, and lab specimens to be distributed appropriately. Processes samples or requisitions following department guidelines.
4. Delivers specimens to the laboratory and reconciles specimen count with laboratory staff according to departmental procedures.
5. Coordinates the maintenance of courier vehicles by fueling, washing, and cleaning. Delivers vehicles for required mechanical service. Maintains vehicle operation logs.
6. Answers the telephone, provides information, routes calls, and operates a cellular phone to optimize communication with the department.
7. Provides information to customers and employees regarding courier routes and courier procedures according to established policies. Transfers customer requests, questions and concerns to appropriate personnel.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience is required
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Organization Unit: RHC Material Mgmt
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.