Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 7847
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Emergency Services seeking RN Clinical Coordinator Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) for the SANE Program
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for workflow in patient care area. The Clinical Coordinator SANE facilitates compassionate, trauma-informed, culturally competent patient care to victims of violence in the hospital setting. The Clinical Coordinator will plan, implement and evaluate care according to approved polices and procedures. Collaborates with the team to advance the forensic nursing capacity at UNC Health to more broadly serve all victims of violence including: intimate partner violence, strangulation, child maltreatment, human trafficking, elder abuse, and ultimately community violence (gunshot and stab wound victims). Additionally, collaborates not only within the hospital but also health care system and community partners to increase medical forensic services and provide holistic care to victims of violence. This position will supervise clinical staff, make clinical staff schedules and help with training of clinical staff. This position works with other members of the Physician Practice care team to coordinate care to meet patient's needs.
1. Conduct physical and forensic examination of individuals experiencing violence for the purposes of detecting injury/disease and collecting evidence which can potentially be used in prosecution of the case via current standards of practice.
2. Facilitates individuals in receiving necessary medical screening, securing crisis intervention and prevention services.
3. Provide on-going education to SANEs, and other multi-disciplinary teams on identification of multiple different forms of violence.
4. Perform quality assurance reviews on patient records and identifies variances to expected outcomes and intervenes with changes to optimize patient outcomes.
5. Gather and maintain statistical program data. Oversee ongoing program evaluation and research activities ; incorporate and modify program
6. Monitors/reports compliance with departmental policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with regulatory and legal requirements related to Joint Commission, HIPAA, OSHA, and other applicable standards.
7. Create processes and policies related to the referral process for victims of all forms of violence.
8. Build and maintain lasting relationships with community partners and key stakeholders in the health system.
Strongly prefer relevant RN / SANE clinical experience and must have completed a NCBON approved sexual assault nurse examiner (SANE) training program that meets the International Association of Forensic Nurse educational guidelines. Desire candidate with SANE-A certification, SANE-P certification, and Intimate Partner Violence Examiner course credentials.
● Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of progressive experience in related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Emergency Medical Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.