Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 8396
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Consults with, monitors, and performs tests on patients undergoing cardiovascular procedures.
1. Documents history and physical assessment for patients undergoing procedures within the cath lab.
2. Explains procedures and treatments to patients to gain patient cooperation and understanding and allay apprehension.
3. Prepares patient for procedure by positioning and using appropriate equipment.
4. Operates diagnostic imaging equipment to produce contrast enhanced radiographs of heart and cardiovascular system (angiocardiograms).
5. Operates multichannel physiologic monitor to measure and record functions of cardiovascular and pulmonary systems of patient during cardiac catherization.
6. Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions. Communicates with physician regarding patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and other significant incidents.
7. Assists Physician in diagnostic and interventional procedures.
8. Provides technical assistance as needed.
9. Complies with departmental, hospital, and regulatory policies and procedures.
10. Accepts responsibility for personal growth and development and professional accountability.
● Associate's degree (A. A.) or graduation from a cardiovascular related program required.
● RCIS, RRT, or RDCS required. ACLS. ARRT , RESP CARE preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● At least one year experience in invasive procedures or 2 years relevant healthcare experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit: HS Diagnostic Services
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.