Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 8396
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve. Join the UNC Health Team as a Cardio Specialist!
Consults with, monitors, and performs tests on patients undergoing cardiovascular procedures.
1. Documents history and physical assessment for patients undergoing procedures within the cath lab.
2. Explains procedures and treatments to patients to gain patient cooperation and understanding and allay apprehension.
3. Prepares patient for procedure by positioning and using appropriate equipment.
4. Operates diagnostic imaging equipment to produce contrast enhanced radiographs of heart and cardiovascular system (angiocardiograms).
5. Operates multichannel physiologic monitor to measure and record functions of cardiovascular and pulmonary systems of patient during cardiac catherization.
6. Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions. Communicates with physician regarding patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and other significant incidents.
7. Assists Physician in diagnostic and interventional procedures.
8. Provides technical assistance as needed.
9. Complies with departmental, hospital, and regulatory policies and procedures.
10. Accepts responsibility for personal growth and development and professional accountability.
● Associate's degree (A. A.) or graduation from a cardiovascular related program required.
● RCIS, RRT, or RDCS required. ACLS. ARRT , RESP CARE preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● At least one year experience in invasive procedures or 2 years relevant healthcare experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit: HS Diagnostic Services
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Salary Range: $29.98 - $37.48 per hour (minimum to midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.