Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 8182
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides a wide range of project management and quality improvement support services. Examples include data analysis and report development, patient population management, medical home and care transition initiatives.
1. Engages in development and assessment of biopsychosocial needs assessments. Actively intervenes on provider and patient identified goals by creating chronic disease management or behavioral health management care plans.
2. Engages in social determinants of health screening and medical case management to address identified needs. Serves as patient navigator within the healthcare system.
3. Utilizes health coaching to support patient engagement in chronic disease self-management.
4. Monitors preventive health indicators, and supports patient in closing clinical gaps.
1. Provides brief treatment to address patient identified behavior change goals within the Behavioral Health Care Management Program. Serves as treatment provider patients, providing telephonic and face to face therapy for diagnoses such as depression, anxiety, grief etc. Modalities of treatment include motivational interviewing, solution focused therapy, interpersonal therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy.
2. Actively participates in development, implementation, and evaluation of integrated behavioral health programs.
3. Assists with crisis intervention for patients presenting with acute behavioral health needs, including but not limited to suicidality, intimate partner violence, psychosis, addiction, etc., as available.
Preventive Health/Gap Closure Outreach
1. Facilitates telephonic and virtual outreach to patients to discuss preventive health open care gaps, utilizing motivational interviewing, health coaching and case management to address non-clinical barriers to care.
2. Develops and distributes health promotion materials to patients, providers and staff.
1. Demonstrates proficiency in data collection and analysis. Actively participates in QI initiatives and offers feedback on reporting enhancements which positively impact population health management.
2. Provides leadership for population health management projects. Facilitates meetings with team members, provides training and education, develops standard work and oversees process implementation. Examples include: data analysis, HCC/RAF risk adjustment, care transitions.
3. Provides support to Population Health Services leadership to achieve department goals and improve patient outcomes.
MSW degree, with two years of integrated behavioral health or population health related experience and LCSW/LCSWA strongly preferred.
● BS degree in Health Care Management, Business Admin, or related field.
● Valid North Carolina Nursing License for any BSN.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in Word, Excel, and data analysis required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Amb Care-FPC-Other-F
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.