Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 8195
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides work direction and scheduling of employees, provides stellar customer services, assists in planning of meal services, and programs cash registers as necessary.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Assists in the planning of meal services.
3. Programs cash registers and follows Cash Handling policies.
4. Displays a pleasant friendly customer service behavior as required.
5. Ensures that the delivery of services to customers are appropriate and in accordance with established policies, procedures, and objectives for area.
6. Leads and participates on teams to achieve targeted results.
7. Provides input to manager on decision making and problem solving activities related to the area.
8. Provides work direction and scheduling of employees. Assists with monitoring of overtime hours.
9. Participates in the execution of workplan(s) for assigned area.
10. Provides performance feedback to manager regarding team members' performance.
● A.O.S. degree focusing on Culinary Arts or Hotel and Restaurant Management or equivalent.
● Prefer: SERVSAFE
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If A.O.S. degree, three years supervisory and/or leadership experience in high volume restaurant, hotel or cafeteria setting with high focus on customer service excellence, and high food quality preferred.
● If High School Diploma or GED, seven years supervisory and/or leadership experience in high volume restaurant, hotel or cafeteria setting with high focus on customer service excellence, and high food quality preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of Rex Healthcare. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers, and to multiply and divide with 10?s and 100?s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measures. Ability to operate cash register. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex FNS Main
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.