Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 8249
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Pediatric Echocardiogram Laboratory Manager is responsible for the standardization of pediatric echocardiogram studies, tracks and provides reports relating to studies. Manages the daily workflow and responsibilities of the department and also performs the typical duties of a Pediatric Sonographer. The Pediatric Echocardiogram Lab Manager is the first point of contact for patient flow, image quality and other matters pertaining to patient care in the ECHO Lab.
1. People- Ensures the Pediatric ECHO Lab staff is trained and oriented to the department and new procedures/equipment and that their credentials are kept current. Effectively manages human resources and creates an environment conducive to staff recruitment and retention. Apply organizational policy and procedures in hiring, promoting, transferring and terminating staff. Conduct regularly recurring staff meetings that support the overall goals of the Pediatric ECHO Lab and the organization. Encourage staff to celebrate success, express ideas and identify opportunities for improvement. Support and mentor staff, providing ongoing performance feedback and the opportunity to set developmental goals.
2. Finance - Effectively uses clinical and financial information to establish and meet budgetary goals. Implements strategies to increase revenue and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply, and equipment resources. Evaluates the impact of strategic fiscal changes on quality outcomes.
3. Quality - Maintains the Pediatric ECHO Lab equipment including the maintenance, maintenance agreements and lease/ownership documents. Develop and implement quality initiatives in the Pediatric ECHO Lab that focus on identified patient safety or quality of care issues. Support reporting requirements including ICAEL certifications.
4. Education—Create an educational environment conducive to learning, staff continuing education, and orientation of new staff members. Accountable for annual competency evaluation of staff that ensures staff has the knowledge and skills to care for patients undergoing procedures in the Pediatric ECHO Lab.
5. Service– Works collaboratively with both clinical and administrative personnel and ongoing collaboration with Cardiology medical directors. Responsible for communication and interaction with all internal and external customers related to the department. Aligns service line goals with organizational strategic direction.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, or related field.
● Completion of an accredited Radiologic Technology program.
● Registered or certification in a specific Radiologic discipline through American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI). Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
● Registered in Pediatric Echocardiogram required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of experience in a specific imaging discipline (Pediatrics and/or Fetal), including three (3) years of experience in the management of a Pediatric ECHO Lab preferred.
● If Associate's degree, nine (9) years of experience total experience in combination of adult, pediatrics and /or fetal with at least (6) years of in a specific imaging discipline (Pediatrics and/or Fetal), including three (3) years of experience in the management of a Pediatric ECHO Lab preferred.
● If High School diploma, thirteen (13) years of experience total experience in combination of adult, pediatrics and /or fetal with at least (6) years of in a specific imaging discipline (Pediatrics and/or Fetal), including three (3) years of experience in the management of a Pediatric ECHO Lab preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Well versed in ICAEL Accreditation. Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, instrumentation, basic physics, patient care, and medical ethics.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: NC Children's Heart Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.