Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 8441
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Administrative Fellows have concurrent exposure to hospital operations and corporate administration in an integrated comprehensive regional academic health care delivery system. Fellows are responsible for completing administrative projects in various areas such as governance, medical staff development, operations, managed care, ambulatory care, policy, finance, planning and marketing. Fellows work closely with the executive team throughout the system (i.e., hospital and corporate level).
1. Attends and prepares minutes of weekly Administrator's meetings.
2. Completes administrative rotation and attends various Administrative Medical Staff meetings.
3. Completes special projects as delegated by various administrators.
4. Conducts weekly patient satisfaction survey interviews.
5. Enhances professional expertise by attending professional seminars and workshops.
6. Prepares reports and summaries of activities for President and Executive Vice President and Vice Presidents.
Please provide the following items as “Attachments” to your online application :
Any letters of recommendations or transcripts that need to be sent directly to the respective UNC Fellowship program and can be emailed to the current fellow.
Please submit the following items in 1 PDF file:
2. Official Graduate school transcript
3. Three recommendation letters – at least one academic and one professional. These letters should address the applicant’s administrative and/or management experience as well as academic qualifications. The letters can be addressed to the Fellowship Selection Committee.
4. Personal Statement – Introduce yourself in a one-page personal statement regarding what you hope to achieve from a fellowship at one of our sites and what draws you to that particular site.
5. Your essay answering ONE of the following three prompts in no more than 300 words:
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● Actively pursuing a Master’s degree in a healthcare-related field with successful completion of Master's degree coursework.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Director's Office
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.