Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 8475
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION
UNC Health is seeking a highly motivated Business Intelligence Analyst (BIA) to provide insight-driven clinical, operational and financial analyses to enhance and inform organizational decision-making for virtual care solutions, programs and services. The virtual care BIA will address on-going data needs, as well as handle ad hoc data requests. This position’s responsibilities include analytics, display of data in user-friendly formats, scorecard and dashboard development and maintenance, overall project management for projects and data communication. The ideal candidate will demonstrate passion for care transformation and a level of curiosity to better understand virtual care’s impact.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Virtual care data administration and strategy: The BIA provides overall direction and oversees virtual care data for the health care system. Plans, coordinates and administers data related activities for virtual care to include developing data strategy and plans, processes, validation, display and communication of virtual care data. The BIA possesses a curiosity to better understand impact of solutions, programs and services and applies that to virtual care strategy.
2. Provides data team leadership: The BIA leads work of other data position(s) to ensure day-to-day data program objectives are met; this includes providing input on performance, mentoring and supporting professional development.
3. Communication and relationships: The BIA acts as a key Business Intelligence & Analytics liaison between hospital and enterprise leadership, physician leadership, other clinical leaders, ISD and other stakeholders. He or she ensures a tight linkage between virtual care’s efforts and the organizational goals. Gathers others input and synthesizes information across multiples sources. He or she serves as a guide of the organization's business intelligence priorities to internal constituents through formal and informal communications. The BIA develops concise, insightful, and politically savvy communications. These are often in PowerPoint, but also in email and verbally via committee meetings, staff meetings, and working sessions.
4. Dashboard and scorecard development: The BIA develops effective key performance indicators, management dashboards and balanced scorecards that provide enhanced insight and improve organizational decision-making. Data is displayed in a meaningful way to convey concise, easy to understand information on all virtual care solutions, programs and services.
5. Healthcare analytics: The BIA provides healthcare analytics support (e.g., predictive analytics, statistical analysis, data and text mining, data validation, prescriptive analysis) to generate insights for virtual care solutions, programs and services that can be transformed into action and include a broad set of tools, processes, technologies, and stakeholders for collecting, integrating, accessing, and analyzing information. Working with peers and others continually evaluates data needs, assist with efforts to collect data, report data, analyze data and improve program. Develops and provides meaningful reports and analysis for health care system entities. Addresses ad hoc requests for data to support funding efforts.
6. Project management: The BIA provides effective project management to clearly defines projects, develop project plans, and set priorities for working teams. He/She can act with independence displaying self-direction for the majority of projects. Manage project and team expectations. Ask for help when needed. Understand project management framework and work planning.
7. Continual Learning: Keeps abreast of external program metrics including frameworks for virtual care data reporting and requirements as they are developing. Qualifications
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Bachelor's degree in general field, requires three (3) years of experience
● If Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field (i.e. Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Analytics, etc.), requires one (1) year of experience
● If Master's degree, requires one (1) year of experience
● If Associate's degree, requires nine (9) years of experience
● If High School degree, requires eleven (11) years of experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
[NOVICE- Limited Proficiency: You have the level of experience gained in a classroom and/or experimental scenarios or as a trainee on-the-job. You are expected to need help when performing this skill.] SQL and Data Viz software fundamentals (basic proficiency), leading to limited proficiency within 6 months. Limited proficiency of optimizing reusable data sources for visualization and analytics. Stakeholder requirements gathering and presentation skills preferred. Data Governance Stewardship role commitments expected. Fulfillment expectations of MySupport reporting & analytics single intake requests. Lead stakeholder groups and analytics teams.
SQL experience highly preferred.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Virtual Care Center - Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.